BREVAGenplus combines Clinical Risk Factors and Genetic Markers to provide a personalized risk of developing breast cancer.
Clinical Risk Factors
There are certain Clinical Risk Factors that increase your risk of developing breast cancer. Some risk factors are within your control (such as diet and exercise), and some factors are outside of your control (such as your age).
BREVAGenplus looks for differences in your DNA known as Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms (SNPs). Because certain SNPs are associated with breast cancer, analyzing them can help predict your chances of developing breast cancer. Your DNA is collected via a simple cheek swab that is performed at your healthcare provider’s office. If you are interested in this test, please contact us.
- BREVAGenplus provides information about breast cancer risk; it does not diagnose breast cancer
- BREVAGenplus is validated in African American, Caucasian, and Hispanic women age 35 years or older
- The risk estimate used in this test does not take into account several other breast cancer risk factors, such as an extensive family history of breast and ovarian cancer
- This test is used for clinical purposes
* BREVAGenplus is not applicable to women who have a personal or extensive family history of breast and/or ovarian cancer, or other high risk factors. In this case, patients would be referred for genetic counseling and risk assessment for hereditary cancers