Everyone Was a Winner at the Komen Dallas Race for the Cure®

On Saturday, October 15th, BREVAGenplus teamed up with Susan G. Komen® Dallas County and Verizon Series IndyCar driver Pippa Mann to support the fight against breast cancer.

We were honored to have so many women visit our booth. Thanks to all of you, we may have had a longer line than any other sponsor, making our participation that much more meaningful.

That’s because it meant we could help so many women find out whether they were candidates for BREVAGenplus, the most accurate test available that can help show if you have a risk of developing breast cancer when you have little to no family history.

Funds raised from the Komen Dallas Race for the Cure® are going toward breast cancer education, screening, diagnosis, treatment, research and support.

Race Car Driver Pippa Mann Met Fans

BREVAGenplus spokesperson and IndyCar driver Pippa Mann was at our booth to sign autographs and take pictures with fans.

“Attending these events is always an honor,” said Mann.

“We wanted to raise awareness to spread the word amongst Race attendees who were interested in the significance of knowing their risk of developing breast cancer. By taking the BREVAGenplus test they can help themselves and their loved ones."

BREVAGenplus CEO Met Supporters

BREVAGenplus CEO Eutillio Buccilli was also in attendance to show his support for this vital cause.

“Breast cancer develops before it is detected, so early diagnosis is key, said Buccilli. “In fact, when detected in the early stages, the survival rate is greater than 98%. With such compelling data, shouldn`t women know their risk?”

Why BREVAGenplus Is Important to You

Up to 85% of breast cancer cases develop in women who have little to no family history of the disease. This is called non-hereditary breast cancer.

It works by examining your DNA (your genes) to tell if you have a greater risk of developing breast cancer.

It takes just seconds to have the test done in your healthcare provider’s office. And it’s painless! (No needles.)

Your healthcare provider just swabs the inside of your cheeks and sends the swabs that now have samples of your genetic markers to a lab to be examined using the BREVAGenplus tool.

You and your healthcare provider can talk about what you should do if you show an increased risk once you get the results back.

IndyCar Driver Pippa Mann, left, with BREVAGenplus CEO Eutillio Buccilli

   

IndyCar Driver Pippa Mann Discusses BREVAGenplus

 

A Message from our CEO, Eutillio Buccilli

“At Genetic Technologies, we are passionate about developing and bringing to market next generation products in the women’s health space. We are extremely excited about our flagship product, BREVAGenplus, as it offers a simple solution for taking proactive measures to better understand the personal risk of developing breast cancer, a disease that will affect 1 in 8 women in their lifetime.

Each year over 240,000 new cases of this debilitating and often deadly form of cancer are diagnosed in the U.S. What is equally daunting is that only 15% have an inherited predisposition to the disease, which means the other 85% diagnosed are sporadic with little to no family history. These women deserve the ability to better understand their risk of developing breast cancer, and this is where BREVAGenplus can help.

BREVAGenplus is a test that will assess the risk for developing sporadic (non-hereditary) breast cancer. The test is performed off of a cheek swab that is collected at the health care provider’s office. Breast cancer develops before it is detected, so early diagnosis is key. In fact, when detected in the early stages, the survival rate is greater than 98%. With such compelling data, shouldn`t you know your risk?

     

 

Start By Being Proactive

When diagnosed early, the survival rate for breast cancer is over 98% percent. However, when detected at later stages, survival drops to just 41%. The key to beating the disease is early detection and putting a Breast Health Plan into place that is based on your individual risk.

What is BREVAGenplus?

BREVAGenplus is a test that determines your risk of developing breast cancer over the next 5 years and over the course of your lifetime.